ARC Review: Weregirl: Typhon by C.D. Bell
Image copyright of Chooseco

Hello everyone!! It’s been forever since I’ve done one of these so bear with me here because I don’t even know where to start!

Synopsis:

Three sisters, together for the first time since birth: Nessa, a werewolf with powers she can now control. Delphine, whose mastery of technology borders on magic. And finally: the chimera, a construction of their fathers lab built from the Kurland sisters DNA, whose very existence threatens them all.

Nessa has begun summoning a new skill that she does not understand: halos of color are appearing around people and animals, but what do they mean? And why are the darkest shadows surrounding Delphine? Who are the kids that lurk in the dark corners of the woods? Are there other wolves and shifters that Nessa doesnt know about?

Daniel Host, Nessas father, has called together a group of special researchers and scientists to view the ultimate creation. All eyes are on him. And a storm is coming...

In this epic conclusion to the Weregirl trilogy, Nessa must battle science and magic, leading her family away from the evil that threatens them all.

Review:

This book was as epic as it sounds and was such a satisfying ending to an amazing series. I binge read the first two books in this series when I was sent a copy of Chimera last November and I adored them. Since finishing Chimera, I’ve been dying to see how the story was going to end and Weregirl: Typhon did not disappoint.

I loved Nessa’s character development in this installment and you could tell that she was trying to be the strong one for her younger siblings despite all the things she herself was dealing with on top of the loss of their mother. She was also genuinely trying to make things work with her newly discovered ‘sister’ to a point that she was even doubting her sister, Delphine.

I also really liked how Nessa’s feelings/struggle about loosing her boyfriend and the possibility of a new relationship were addressed. It wasn’t just glossed over which was great.

AND can we just talk about how much I loved the new relationship? I’m not going to spoil anything but, when the other character made a move on Nessa, she was surprised at first but, then responded almost without any hesitation and it was beautiful!! The whole relationship throughout the book was great and left at a good point at the end. I ship them so much!

C.M., the newly discovered sister/science experiment was terrifying. I spent the whole book stressing over how she could attack anyone at any moment and there wasn’t much that anyone could do to stop her. I found her to be very calculating and manipulative.

I LOVED that there was a secret society of homeless kids and dogs that lived in a tree village on the preserve completely unknown to anyone else. I thought it was a cool little side story that tied in nicely with the rest of the plot.

I also really enjoyed that there were other shapeshifters and want more stories about other shapeshifters in this world. GIVE ME MORE FROM THIS WORLD PLEASE!!!

Some parts of the plot were a little predictable but, not in a negative way. The fast pacing of the story and uniqueness of it made it a very enjoyable read for me. I couldn’t put this one down and loved every second of it. When all was said and done I felt that everything was wrapped up nicely and dealt with but, I wanted more from this world because it was just so good. If you’re looking for a fantastic modern werewolf story that is unique this is the series for you.

Rating: 5 stars

Weregirl: Typhon releases November 1st, 2018.
Review copy provided by Chooseco.