A Court Of Wings And Ruin by Sarah J. Maas 

     Where do I even start with this book? This was such a bittersweet read for me because I didn't want the story to be over but, at the same time I was dying to know what happened next and how it ended. It made me laugh and made me want to cry and was so fantastic.

     Let me start by saying that the storyline was amazing and I loved every second of it. There was the perfect balance of romance, intrigue, and action. The battle scenes were epic and had me holding my breath and hoping that everyone made it out ok.

     The character development in this series and this book specifically was outstanding. I loved seeing how Nesta and Elaine were handling becoming Fae. They both struggled in their own ways but, eventually accepted it. I liked watching how Nesta and Cassian's relationship developed throughout the book also and I'm curious as to where that could potentially go. I really hope in the spinoff we see more of Nesta and Elaine and how they will adjust to life as High Faes.

     Feyre and Rhys were at top level adorableness. I loved that they both finally got their happy ending, even if Rhys gave me a mini heart attack for a few minutes. Feyre's development over the span of this series has been amazing and I loved seeing her be the total badass high lady that she is. She is one of my favorite fictional characters and is just really phenomenal. Rhys was of course, charming and swoon-worthy as usual. It was so nice having a male chat who believed in their significant other and didn't hold them back because he was afraid she may get hurt or killed. Rhys knew Feyre needed to be a part of everything and supported her no matter what choices she made.

     I really liked getting to see more of the other courts and getting to meet all the different Fae from said courts. I adored Helion and thought it was an interesting twist making him Lucien's father. I'm still not a fan of Tamlin but, at least he was finally starting to pull his head out of his ass. Jurian actually being a good guy was another cool twist.

     One of my absolute favorite scenes from this book was the scene where Feyre and Lucien set the bogge on the Hybern royals. I was laughing for a good five minutes about that one and it just made me love this book even more. However, I will say I almost threw this book at the wall when Rhys was "dead" for those few minutes but, once they brought him back to life I calmed myself down. It was strange to me how Amren sort of betrayed Feyre but, then everyone was fine with her a few minutes later. Maybe I just didn't understand that scene properly but, it was very weird to me that it all just got swept under the rug.

     It was so touching how Feyre's father, who was "away on business" for several months, was actually out trying to rally some allies to help the Prythians defeat Hybern and in the end it is what helped them gain the upper hand. When the girls found out he had named three ships after them, it hit me right in the feels... and then Hybern went and killed him. As if the deaths of the suriel, the Bone Carver, and the Weaver weren't sad enough. I'm just super relieved that none of the main characters were killed off, as I was extremely worried about that several times throughout this book.

     Seeing mostly everyone survive and starting to rebuild their lives was wonderful. We were left with the feeling that everything was going to finally be ok and everyone was for the most part happy. Although, I was holding out hope for a Feysand baby but alas, no such luck.

     This was such an amazing conclusion to the trilogy and my only complaint was that I wish there was more to read because I didn't want it to end. I'm looking forward to the spinoff series and hopefully seeing happy endings for the other characters. Sarah J. Maas knocked this one out of the park.

Rating: 5/5 stars (As I said before, there aren't enough stars for how incredible the book and series was)