A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J. Maas

     Recently I decided to jump on the bandwagon and start reading A Court Of Thorns And Roses. I absolutely loved that book and sped through it in about a week. Of course I was excited to start the next book in the series but, I had already planned on reading a couple other books first. Needless to say, I have no self control and while reading another book, I kept coming back to this one and finding myself absorbed in it.

     A Court Of Mist And Fury picks up about three months after the conclusion of A Court Of Thorns And Roses and starts with Feyre, Tamlin, and Lucien dealing with the aftermath of Under the Mountain. Feyre is struggling to cope with the guilt of her actions and I thought her PTSD was very well written. Tamlin on the other hand, has become overly protective and suffocating, and I spent the majority of the first few chapters wanting to strangle him.

     It's isn't that I like to see a character struggle or suffer (without good reason or deserving it), but the fact that Feyre was struggling made me like her character more because it made her complex and really contributed to her character development in this book, which was done phenomenally. Feyre started as this spineless, sheltered Lady of the Spring Court who was letting Tamlin manipulate her and control her every move. I felt like screaming "Wake the hell up, Feyre!". However, by the end she had learned how to live with her guilt and her actions and had transformed into this badass warrior queen with all these amazing powers, and High Lady of the Night Court.

     I absolutely adored watching Feyre and Rhys fall in love and accept their mating bond. Their relationship was so sweet, and balanced, and I LOVED that Rhys really saw and treated her like his true equal. Let me just say, as much as I don't like Tamlin, there's no denying that the romance scenes got pretty steamy and graphic in A Court Of Thorns And Roses, but the scenes in A Court Of Mist And Fury were WAY more graphic. I'm not saying they weren't good and I love a love scene as much as the next person, but I don't need to know EVERY SINGLE DETAIL. Regardless, this did not take away from the story.

     After learning about Rhys's backstory and more of his viewpoint of everything, I wanted to reach in the book and give him a big hug. As I suspected by the end of the first book, Rhys was not the villain that he had been made out to be. As it turns out, Tamlin was actually the one who became more and more of a villain in my eyes. We learned more about everything Rhys had been through and all that he sacrificed to keep his people safe and it made me love his character even more. Tamlin however, can go jump into a pit of Middengard Wyrms.

     I loved getting to meet a whole new group of characters and seeing how they slowly became Feyre's family. They all were so different but, fit together so perfectly. I'm dying to know more about Amren's history and what she really is. I'm also very curious to see where the relationships between Mor and Azriel, Cassian and Nesta, and Lucien and Elain go.

     I also loved getting so see more of the different courts and other places, especially the Night Court and Velaris. The world building in this book was just as great as it was in the first book and everything was so detailed that I felt like I was in the story myself.

     This book was truly amazing and is officially on my favorite book list. The ending was so unexpected and left me craving more and itching to see what happens next. There were so many twists at the end that I can't even begin to imagine how this story is going to end in the third book. I expect it will be fantastic and I can't wait to see Feyre kick some major but and just be generally awesome.

Rating: 5/5 stars
(There really aren't enough stars or words to accurately describe how awesome this book was)